1. Regular exercise reduces your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high-cholesterol, diabetes and obesity and some cancers, to name but a few.
2. Staying active keeps joints, tendons and ligaments flexible, allowing you to move more easily and avoid injury.
3. Keeping fit can reduce some of the effects of ageing.
4. Regular exercise contributes to your mental well-being and helps to treat depression.
5. Working out is a great way to help relieve daily stress and anxiety.
6. People who work out regularly have more energy and endurance.
7. If you are active, you will naturally sleep better.
8. Exercise will help you maintain a normal weight by increasing your metabolic rate (the rate you burn calories). This effect will work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
9. You will look better physically.
10. You will be more self-confident.
So the next time you think ‘I cant be bothered’ or ‘I don’t have time to exercise’, think of your life with heart disease or diabetes, or maybe even worse… Don’t look back and think ‘I wish I’d put in a little bit of effort’. Remember this doesn’t have to be hard core gym workouts, as little as 3 x 10 mins of walking a day will be of benefit to you.
"They helped me set realistic goals, with challenging yet achievable milestones"