Tis the season to be jolly….. we’re not going to tell you to NOT enjoy the festive season. Far from it, as it is a time for people to spend quality time with family and friends. All we can do is encourage you to be mindful of all your food and drink habits and to remind you that Christmas/New Year is really 3 or 4 days, not 28 days! Consider these points, along with mindful eating, regular activity and structured fitness sessions to come out the ‘other side’ of Christmas with a waistband the same size as the start of December (or perhaps smaller!?).
- Eat small regular healthy meals over the course of the day – packed full with colourful vegetables and quality protein.
- If eating a 3 course meal out in celebration plan the rest of your day to have lighter snacks. Avoid the bread basket, or peanut dishes before you sit down for your meal
- Stay hydrated – drinking water in between alcoholic drinks or before meals will satisfy ‘hunger’ pangs
- Ask yourself ‘am I really hungry’, before you grab a plate at a late night buffet, having already eaten your full meal quota for the day. Don’t eat simply because it is there. If you do choose to eat, make one pass only at the buffet.
- Choose the chocolate that you want to eat, remove it from the tin or box and then put the box away to reduce the likelihood of delving back in for more!
- Go for a walk every day. Even Christmas Day, hell, especially Christmas Day.
- Plan your Personal Training Sessions for January before Christmas. Book that January reboot NOW with eKuiLibriuM and get the excesses of the season under control (and get a gorgeous cookery book packed full of fresh new recipes as a booster).
"They helped me set realistic goals, with challenging yet achievable milestones"